2012: It's been a good run...

Monday, December 31, 2012

I stole a kiss in Times Square on our trip.
I've always loved New Year's Eve.  The glitz, the kiss, the resolutions, the champagne, the friends, the exciting last 10 seconds of the countdown, the confetti, the noisemakers...it's such a fun & glamorous night.  I always used to wish I had one of those unforgettable moments where I'm standing in the middle of a crowded dance floor (wearing a gorgeous Valentino gown, of course) & the man of my dreams swoops in at midnight to kiss me.  A little silly, right?  Eh, what can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

However, I think God knew how important and magical that midnight kiss was to me.  I didn't have that mind-blowing, room-spinning, firework crackling moment I dreamed of but...the only boy I've ever kissed on New Year's Eve is Jason Carpenter.  It is one of those beautiful moments in my life that just belongs to us.  He truly is my prince charming.

One of my favorite quotes is: "Don't spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for. "

Now, I kiss those same familiar lips at midnight year after year & I wouldn't change it for the world.  I may be rocking sky-high stilettos and an awesome mini,  I may be in sweats & a tee shirt or (one day) I may have a baby in one arm and a kid wrapped around each leg & spit-up running down my backside.  Either way, those kisses will be just as thrilling & precious to me because I know that I got through that year with my best friend & I look forward to ninety-nine more with him. If I must climb high mountains, if I must chase new dreams, if I must conquer old demons, then I don't want the mystery man - I want ol' faithful by my side.  Here's to many more adventures, my love. :)
 
Farewell 2012 & Cheers to 2013.  Trust God.  Dream BIG.  Enjoy the blessings you are given. Live every day intentionally like it's your last & you'll live a life with no regrets.


Colorfully Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground