The Life & Love of a Free Spirit

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ever since I was a little girl, my family & friends always described me as "the flower child" or "the free spirit".  To this day, I still don't color between the lines, squeeze my toothpaste from the bottom of the tube, believe in bed times, or want to be a grown-up.  I'll be the first to admit that free-spirited individuals rarely ever do the logical thing.  Nearly every decision we make is based upon intuition or feelings.  I used to get a lot of flack for this, but the older I get, the more kudos I receive for staying true to my inner child & following my dreams.  This is my life - messy, emotional, artistic, nomadic, adventurous -- & I wouldn't change it for a million.

Sometimes, though, the funniest things happen to us, freebirds.  Sometimes, we fall deeply, madly & hopelessly in love with the most rational, logical, black-&-white, type-A human being on the planet.  People who base opinions and decisions on facts & evidence. They love science & math & law - OH MY! (<--had to.) People who fold their underwear, have a preference on the under/over of the toilet paper roll & make lists of lists they should make. BLECH. (Sorry, I shouldn't have said "blech".)

Only God knows how these things happen, because humans just can't plan or make these things up!  In my mind, spending my life with someone like this would be a catastrophe.  But it happened...& now I see that there is something so solid, so immovable, so complimentary about the love that polar opposites can have for one another.  We completely and unmistakably balance each other out.  His strengths & my weaknesses seem to perfectly align, and where we both fail - God takes over.

I teach Jason how to live, love & express oneself (basically how to party), and he teaches me loyalty, stability, responsibility & so much more.  Now, I find that he's rubbing off on me & my over-the-top weirdness is definitely rubbing off on him.  I love how our personalities continue to grow & evolve over the years.

How thankful I am that we are all fearfully & wonderfully made by God; that our lives are not our own, & that He created humans uniquely for fellowship.  We are all living, breathing, working organs in the body of Christ and it becomes so much more evident each day that we all serve such an unrivaled purpose.

Here's to the right-brained, the left-brained & yes, even the pea-brained (God loves you too!). ;)

       
 Colorfully Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground