Living Colorfully in OKC: Dale Chihuly Exhibit

Saturday, September 29, 2012

I was lucky enough to be the photographer at my company's international sales rep retreat this week at the Skirvin Hilton in downtown Oklahoma City.  On opening night, we had party at the OKC Museum of Art with amazing hors d'oeuvres & drinks which included an exclusive free tour of the Dale Chihuly's glass sculpture art gallery.
 

I was familiar with his work after gazing upon his magnificent 3-story installation in the foyer of the museum countless times, as well as at the spectacular ceiling work he did at Bellagio in Las Vegas.  I knew it had to be good!  The museum said I was free to take as many photos as I wanted to share with you all as long as I didn't use flash-- so of course, I took them up on the offer. 

I walk in...& nearly died.  I think I will have to go back a thousand more times...at least.
Here are some photos I took from the gallery.  Chihuly is my newest hero.  ENJOY! :)






























If you haven't ever gone - I strongly encourage you to check it out! It's amazing!  If you don't live in OKC, try to find one of his other galleries or just admire his work online here. You won't regret it!

©Heather Carpenter Photography - please do not steal or alter these photos in any way.  Thanks!



Colorfully Yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground